I’ve been trying to fit a lot into my life. All things I feel quite passionate about (this blog included), but sometimes it really makes me crave simplicity. Something that doesn’t require complicated techniques or rare ingredients or constant attention. So here’s what I threw together when I had a head of cauliflower that needed to be used. Nothing too crazy, just four ingredients and a hot oven. And the result, the aroma of curry as the edges of the cauliflower caramelize in the oven, soon ready as a versatile side.
Roasted Curried Cauliflower (adapted from Martha Stewart)
Yield: 4 – 6 sides
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp curry powder, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer to a roasting pan or baking sheet, spreading the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until the edges start to caramelize and the largest florets are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and serve hot, topped with yogurt, if desired.